Content marketing: what is it?
Many experts in marketing say that the most popular trend today is content marketing. Let’s figure out what it is.
Content marketing (hereinafter referred to as CM) is a marketing technology that creates and distributes the content you intend to reach your target audience. Its purpose is to encourage the consumer to target actions (purchases, orders, etc.).
Advantages of the marketing technology:
- Selling of goods through content interesting to your audience.
- Increasing brand awareness.
- Economy. CM requires less budget than traditional advertising methods.
- Improving the performance of your site in the search results.
- Increasing the number of searches due to the constant increase in the number of content on your site.
- Strengthening the credibility of your company in the eyes of both consumers and competitors.
In general, the essence of CM is to distribute content noticeable to the potential customer, and with its help will become an actual customer of the company.
The content can be in any format: text, graphics, audio or video. The same may be varied distribution channels of content.
CM is a game of perspective and building a good reputation for the company, attracting a large number of clients in the future.
The essence of CM is to create valuable content for potential customers and gain their trust, not spam. These can be reviews, jokes, helpful tips, tutorials, and more.
Scheme of content marketing
It is very simple:
- First, you need to develop a strategy, select channels of communication and plan a publication.
- Next, we create and distribute content.
- Then we analyze the results and refine our promotion strategy. And so in a circle.
Content marketing is a very effective strategy for companies that will certainly bring a positive result. That is why it is worth paying attention to. So, if a company needs a reliable and efficient lead generation channel, you just need to start using a content marketing tool.